Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo

X Files - is it just me,

what year is this? the writers strike is over! this is probably too harsh I suck at tags

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 deth_lettuce

deth_lettuce

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA
  • Minecraft Name:deth_lettuce
  • Pure Money:$3,869.00

Posted 29 January 2016 - 05:07 PM

...or did someone forget to tell the Chris Carter that we're now in a Golden Age of television?

Maybe I'm just spoiled by the current wealth of great writing and it was always that bad, but it seems worse.  I can't say much for the acting either, though they were never known for their great acting abilities.

I'm still interested in the plot, but the ultra hack writing is going to be tough to swallow.  At least it's only five more episodes.

They should have gotten Vince Gilligan to write these, he could have done it in his sleep.

• LifeSnatcher likes this

#2 JELLOMIX

JELLOMIX

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • LocationColorado
  • Minecraft Name:JELLOMIX
  • Pure Money:$56,510.82
  • Monarch Money:$2,968.33

Posted 02 February 2016 - 10:36 AM

See I thought it was decent. Then again my standards are exceptionally low. To me it really had the feel of one of the first few seasons of the original.

#3 bakafish

bakafish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Minecraft Name:bakafishes
  • Pure Money:$2,541.98
  • Monarch Money:$203.46

Posted 02 February 2016 - 05:52 PM

I'm currently re-watching the series before I start the new one. Freakin' luminous tree mites that cocoon people still freak me out lol

#4 deth_lettuce

deth_lettuce

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA
  • Minecraft Name:deth_lettuce
  • Pure Money:$3,869.00

Posted 03 February 2016 - 06:16 PM

Fair enough, I'm probably just being crabby.  The thing is, I'm not comparing him so much to the original series, but more Californication, and it struck me as a drop-off, so I assumed the writing couldn't be saved by the delivery.  Also, they seem so tired and confused, as if the production was a tough slog.

HOWEVER, I've only seen the first one, and will watch the rest with a fresh head.

#5 LifeSnatcher

LifeSnatcher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Minecraft Name:LifeSnatcher1

Posted 04 February 2016 - 01:11 PM

Deth i completely agree, i thought i was alone because the reviews have been giving high marks but not without bias and not without leaving out their feelings of nostalgia. You cant just say the show is great because they decided to work together again under the title X-Files. I was really disappointed.

#6 Acis

Acis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts
  • LocationNetherlands
  • Minecraft Name:Acis
  • Pure Money:$14,592.55
  • Monarch Money:$12.00

Posted 12 February 2016 - 12:50 PM

I'm currently still watching the X-files with a friend, which I started almost exactly a year ago. Things have been really slow though, but we're 2 seasons away from watching all the old stuff.

The acting has always been less than stellar, but very entertaining. And maybe you're also forgetting that half the episodes has pretty damn mediocre writing. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users