cynixx3

Thor

• Administrators
  • 64 posts
  • LocationReno
  • Minecraft Name:cYnIxX3
  • Pure Money:$500.00

Posted 11 October 2015 - 02:27 PM

I finally have an ETA. As long as we don't run into any unforeseen complications the pure server should be up within the next 12 hours. 

• Kostarius, deth_lettuce, EvilJezuzz and 1 other like this

#23 deth_lettuce

deth_lettuce

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA
  • Minecraft Name:deth_lettuce
  • Pure Money:$3,869.00

Posted 11 October 2015 - 03:24 PM

...I believe I found the root of the problem and applied a temporary (yet annoying for all) fix. Once we are up and running again I will be working on a more permanent fix for the problem that will please all users.  

Anything that helps the server won't be annoying!  We all appreciate all the time you're burning on this, and I wouldn't dream of complaining.  Thanks again!

• EvilJezuzz and Ferdinand1988 like this

#24 Ferdinand1988

Ferdinand1988

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationNetherlands
  • Minecraft Name:Ferdinand1988

Posted 12 October 2015 - 05:09 AM

Is it up or ?

#25 cynixx3

cynixx3

Thor

• Administrators
  • 64 posts
  • LocationReno

Posted 12 October 2015 - 09:19 AM

I'm sorry Ferd but were not up yet. .

Apparently the ETA estimation of that program needed m;ore wiggle room than the 4 hours I gave it. 

Fixes are still happening and I am very hopeful to get the server up sometime today. 

#26 Batman

Batman

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 137 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Minecraft Name:murdock1262

Posted 12 October 2015 - 09:24 AM

Is this with the permanent fix or the temp fix?

#27 EvilJezuzz

EvilJezuzz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationPennyslvania
  • Minecraft Name:EvilJezuzz

Posted 12 October 2015 - 03:59 PM

Progress report? New ETA? Anything man I need my fix.

#28 cynixx3

cynixx3

Thor

• Administrators
  • 64 posts
  • LocationReno

Posted 12 October 2015 - 07:06 PM

I bring no good news, 

Our server is experiencing a hard drive failure. I am in contact with the data center to get it replaced and get our data back on it.

Unfortunately we are back to pre square 1 and I am unable to provide an ETA.

I feel horrid and am working on getting a backup of our famine server running somewhere just so we can do something. 

Of course when it is possible I will be working on getting pure up first but I really want to get something temporary for you guys in the mean time.

I really apologize for this. This kind of downtime makes me physically sick and I do everything I can to avoid it. Hard drive failures are rare and now that we know that is the problem I feel bad for not having looked into it much earlier.

Please be patient with me I promise we will get past this. We do have backups (although dated) and we will get going again! Chances are still good that we will not loose any world or player data, If that changes I will let you know as soon as I know. 

#29 Batman

Batman

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 137 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 October 2015 - 07:14 PM

I sent you a PM.  I might have a temp solution.

#30 deth_lettuce

deth_lettuce

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA
  • Minecraft Name:deth_lettuce
  • Pure Money:$3,869.00

Posted 12 October 2015 - 07:27 PM

No need to feel ill Cyn, we know you're busting your ass.  And for perspective, no one's losing jobs or income over this, no one's getting hospitalized, trains aren't derailing, planes and satelites crashing to Earth, plagues spreading, oceans surging, worlds colliding, galaxies merging, black holes swallowing...  I guess you get the idea.

Just breathe easy, let the data center do their job, and we'll get back to our blocks when the time is right.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

• Kostarius likes this

#31 Batman

Batman

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 137 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 October 2015 - 07:33 PM

You forgot dogs and cats living together.

• deth_lettuce likes this

#32 cynixx3

cynixx3

Thor

• Administrators
  • 64 posts
  • LocationReno

Posted 13 October 2015 - 03:03 AM

Our new hard drive has been installed along with a fresh OS. Now I need to configure the OS and copy the files in. Starting now and we will see how soon I can finish. I will give updates along the way.

#33 EvilJezuzz

EvilJezuzz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationPennyslvania
  • Minecraft Name:EvilJezuzz

Posted 13 October 2015 - 04:46 AM

I bring no good news, 

Our server is experiencing a hard drive failure. I am in contact with the data center to get it replaced and get our data back on it.

Unfortunately we are back to pre square 1 and I am unable to provide an ETA.

I feel horrid and am working on getting a backup of our famine server running somewhere just so we can do something. 

Of course when it is possible I will be working on getting pure up first but I really want to get something temporary for you guys in the mean time.

I really apologize for this. This kind of downtime makes me physically sick and I do everything I can to avoid it. Hard drive failures are rare and now that we know that is the problem I feel bad for not having looked into it much earlier.

Please be patient with me I promise we will get past this. We do have backups (although dated) and we will get going again! Chances are still good that we will not loose any world or player data, If that changes I will let you know as soon as I know. 

Our new hard drive has been installed along with a fresh OS. Now I need to configure the OS and copy the files in. Starting now and we will see how soon I can finish. I will give updates along the way.

Just feels good to be aware of how things are proceeding. Keep us updated when possible. It's good to know progress is being made.

#34 cynixx3

cynixx3

Thor

• Administrators
  • 64 posts
  • LocationReno

Posted 13 October 2015 - 05:45 AM

Operating System is configured and secure, starting the copy of game servers and worlds. 

I am running 2 batches of copies, one for pure and one for everything else. I have a feeling everything else is going to finish first. If that's the case I will not hold them up waiting on pure this time. 

I am going to be somewhat careful here, once the worlds are copied I am going to scan the world for errors before starting the servers. This is going to increase the time it take but will be well worth it if I find any bad sectors. 

No ETA yet since the major holdup is going to be the copy speed from drive to drive which is normally fast but is transferring at only 1-2MB on the pure copy. The others are getting 1-50MB. The new drive is doing great and we should notice a good improvement from the last couple weeks.

• Ferdinand1988 likes this

#35 SIKKaudio

SIKKaudio

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationNetherlands
  • Minecraft Name:SIKKaudio
  • Pure Money:$7.38
  • Monarch Money:$0.00

Posted 13 October 2015 - 06:51 AM

Operating System is configured and secure, starting the copy of game servers and worlds. 

I am running 2 batches of copies, one for pure and one for everything else. I have a feeling everything else is going to finish first. If that's the case I will not hold them up waiting on pure this time. 

I am going to be somewhat careful here, once the worlds are copied I am going to scan the world for errors before starting the servers. This is going to increase the time it take but will be well worth it if I find any bad sectors. 

No ETA yet since the major holdup is going to be the copy speed from drive to drive which is normally fast but is transferring at only 1-2MB on the pure copy. The others are getting 1-50MB. The new drive is doing great and we should notice a good improvement from the last couple weeks.

Glad to hear :D would this also have been the cause of the server lag at times ?

#36 cynixx3

cynixx3

Thor

• Administrators
  • 64 posts
  • LocationReno

Posted 13 October 2015 - 07:29 AM

Yes, Its very likely to have been the cause of server lag which should go away again. 

#37 Batman

Batman

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 137 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 October 2015 - 07:36 AM

Yes, a failing hard drive causes many issues, server lag just being one of them.

#38 Batman

Batman

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 137 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 October 2015 - 11:19 AM

Any progress?

#39 cynixx3

cynixx3

Thor

• Administrators
  • 64 posts
  • LocationReno

Posted 13 October 2015 - 11:41 AM

Yes loads of progress. I got almost all the servers transferred over except pure and dream.

I started scanning the worlds for errors. I can only scan one world on one server at a time. I still need to configure some dependant programs like mysql and apache before we can get going as well. 

Besides that were getting pretty close. 

• deth_lettuce likes this

#40 Batman

Batman

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 137 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 October 2015 - 12:26 PM

Any guess on when we might be up and running again?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users