• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts
  • LocationNetherlands
  • Minecraft Name:Acis
  • Pure Money:$14,592.55
  • Monarch Money:$12.00

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:06 AM

Well it seems like our community has a lot of amateur chefs, so for everyone interested in food and cooking, here's a place to share recipes, talk about food and everything related to it!

I'll start with a very simple recipe for vegetarian (junk) food.

Here's the ingredients:

Puff pastry
Cheese (gouda is good, but similar cheeses are good too)
Breadcrumbs
egg white
Optional: unseeded, thinly sliced hot pepper

How to make:

Defrost the puff pastry (I'm assuming you're getting pre-made)
Put the cheese on it and make square-ish, similar shape to one of the images I posted. (the first one being JelloMix's and the 2nd being a propped up stock photo)
If you feel like some extra spice, but in the pepper too
now fold it close
"paint" some egg white on the puff pastry outside

Put breadcrumbs on it evently, be sure those crumbs are really fine.

Now there's two ways you can go from here, either frying it in a pan or deep frying it. Only do the second one if you're confident your creation will hold.

Bake golden brown and enjoy. I'd recomend some curry gewurz with these, but eating them plain or with ketchup works too!

*credit to the first attached picture goes to JELLOMIX
Second picture is a stock photo, from a factory made product. 

Attached Files

• bakafish likes this

#2 JELLOMIX

JELLOMIX

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • LocationColorado
  • Minecraft Name:JELLOMIX
  • Pure Money:$56,510.82
  • Monarch Money:$2,968.33

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:54 PM

Hello Fellow Minecrafters!
                 As this is our first post it can serve as an introduction. My name is Jesse (JELLOMIX) and I've been playing for a month now with my girlfriend Kelsey (KelzE22). What better way to introduce ourselves to the forum than with a amazingly cheesy dish that will satiate your stomach and  ensure a place for us in your hearts! The recipe is as follows (we included an oven free version in red):

Serves: 4      prep time 15-20 minutes           cook time 15-25 minutes

Cauliflower Cheese

Ingredients:
1 cauliflower cut in to florets (roughly 1 lb 8 oz/ 675 g)
3 tbsp butter (or oil to make a roux)
scant 1/3 cup flour
2 cups milk
4 oz/ 115 g cheddar cheese (we used half cheddar and half gouda)
1 tsp of nutmeg (fresh grated is best and we use a bit more than 1tsp as it brings out the flavor of the cheese)
1 tbsp of parmesan cheese (again fresh grated is best and we used a bit more because... well does the question need to be asked?)
salt and pepper

Directions:
preheat oven to 350° F

Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil and then add the cauliflower florets. Cook the cauliflower until it is softens but is still slightly firm when poked with a fork (about 5 mins). Alternatively, if you have a steamer, you may steam the cauliflower to the same consistency. Drain cauliflower and place the florets aside in a pie dish (or similar oven safe container).  With no oven cook cauliflower in same manner and then place the cauliflower aside on a plate.

qKL6udZ.jpg?4

Melt butter in a large pan over medium heat and then add in the flower into butter and cook for 1 minute stirring constantly (This is the base for the roux if you've never made a roux it may be beneficial to do some research on the side so your don't burn your flour or under-cook it).

EqHQmVp.jpg?1

Turn heat to lowest setting and gradually stir in milk until smooth.

b589bH5.jpg?1

Return heat to medium stirring constantly until sauce comes to a boil and then immediately reduce heat back to low and simmer sauce stirring frequently for 3-5 minutes until it is creamy and smooth (basically, make a white gravy).

Add cheese, nutmeg, salt, and pepper and stir until cheese is melted.

uru2Naf.jpg?1
9wCmPFb.jpg?1

Pour the hot cheese sauce over the top of the cauliflower in pie dish, top with grated parmesan cheese. With no oven add cauliflower in to cheese sauce in pan and cook until the cheese sauce thickens remove from heat and serve with parmesan cheese on top.

D6yPndG.jpg?1
2TFKVMj.jpg?1

Place pie dish in the oven for 5-10 minutes until the cheese is thick and bubbling.

K5X7YO2.jpg?1

Turn oven onto broil and and cook until cheese starts to turn golden brown.

PLsYLWA.jpg?1

Serve and enjoy! I served it with a pinwheel steak and mashed potatoes. Kelsey served hers with sea bass, mashed potatoes, and artichoke.

7Lap34P.jpg?2

• bakafish likes this

#3 JELLOMIX

JELLOMIX

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:56 PM

So fucking good.

tLUPzNy.jpg?1

zxGoKD4.jpg?1

• Acis, DaisyDigs and Velery like this

#4 Newstylz1983

Newstylz1983

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Minecraft Name:Newstylz1983
  • Pure Money:$9,914.20
  • Monarch Money:$12,166.43

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:00 PM

I'm not much on cauliflower but yall make it look so good lol. I'll post my recipe soon. Tonight actually.

#5 Newstylz1983

Newstylz1983

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Minecraft Name:Newstylz1983
  • Pure Money:$9,914.20
  • Monarch Money:$12,166.43

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:15 PM

Ok so here is the recipe to my rolled pork tenderloin.
1. Fillet the pork tenderloin until its flat.
2. Spice pork tenderloin the way you like. I used Complete seasoning,
Seasoned salt, onion powder, and garlic powder.
3. Fill the top of the pork with spinache and also red,
Green, and orange bellpeppers. Now top off all those goodies
With some amazing provolone cheese or the cheese of your choice.
4. Now here is the most important part. Roll the pork back
into a tube of meat. (Sounds wrong I know lol) Make sure to get
a good tight roll, but not to tight where you lose the juict flavor
of the spinache.
5. Pre-heat the oven to 350º. Bake for 25-45 minutes dependibg
the size of the tenderloin(s).
6. 10-15 minutes before the tenderloin is done add more provolone
to the top. Put back into oven for the remainding 10-15 minutes.
Don't forget to cook your sides. I chose mashed potatoes, corn, and spinach.
7. Pull it out the oven and enjoy you nicely homecooked restraunt
Looking meal!

Please Enjoy!

Attached Files

• JELLOMIX and bakafish like this

#6 Guest_alvaradovic24_*

Guest_alvaradovic24_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:06 AM

I guess I can share my most precious recipe with my fellow minecrafters.

Ingredients: 

Cup of Instant Noodles

Lemon

Hot Sauce

Step 1: Put water in the Cup of Noodles.

Step 2: Put Cup of Noodles with water inside of the microwave and heat for 3 minutes.

Step 3: Remove from microwave and add lemon and hot sauce. 

Step 4: Enjoy your freshly prepared dish.

Happy eats everyone. :)

• Velery likes this

#7 DaisyDigs

DaisyDigs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Minecraft Name:DaisyDigs
  • Monarch Money:$1,284.77

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:55 AM

Here's how you make toast. 

Oh wait. Nevermind. You probably already know how to do that.  :blink:

Thus ends my contribution to cooking.I love looking at all of your lovely foodie posts though!  :D

#8 Guest_Kamkins_*

Guest_Kamkins_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:58 PM

Oh this is a cool topic will have to make a proper post here as soon as I can since that I am a profesanal chef :)
  • Adam likes this

#9 JELLOMIX

JELLOMIX

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:47 AM

Get on it Kamkins! You got me excited.

#10 Guest_Ambint_*

Guest_Ambint_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:24 PM

Ambint here, I will be posting an awesome noodle recipe soon. Stay tuned people! 

#11 AnToast

AnToast

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationMinecraft Shuffling on Katyara's Crossbeams.
  • Minecraft Name:AnToast
  • Pure Money:$513.27
  • Monarch Money:$0.01

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:46 PM

Since we are all adults, I would like to share a pretty well known shooter I like to make. I enjoy making drinks for friends at parties and stuff like that. So most of my contribution to this thread will most likely be alcoholic or how to make mac-n-cheese. Because knowing how to make mac-n-cheese is of vital importance to your life.

tumblr_n1dn6vEL0T1tt76dio1_500.jpg

• JELLOMIX likes this

Posted Image

"I'm the happiest damn rainbow you'll ever know"

#12 Guest_Katyara_*

Guest_Katyara_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:56 AM

Well I was asked to post this experiment I did with doing my roast chicken with chicken quarters instead of a whole bird. 

Pre heat oven to 400 degrees

Take deep tin foil roasting dish and lay out the quarters along the bottom. It's like Tetris! 

In this one I chopped up about 2 large potatoes, 2 small onion and a bag of baby peeled carrots 

I then poured about 2/3s of the box of chicken broth and sprinkled my favorite seasoning for chicken 

I also had 3 or 4 table spoons of butter sliced and placed around the tin to soak in and make a gravy base. I then put a foil cover over the tray and put in the center of oven 

After about an 2 hrs oven I had this 

For a whole bird I would use a 9x12 baking dish and an oven bag to seal everything in 

Since I was making gravy, about and hour in I drained the dish of the drippings and broth, skimmed excess fat off and brought to a simmer in a saucepan.
1 tea spoon diced garlic, about a teaspoon of pepper and really its just an alter to taste and quantity. 
The major part is when you stir and add flour to make sure its sifted or rubbed very fine by your hands as you slowly add it to prevent lumps. 

Its a mess, and fun :) Keep on a medium flame and do not boil. You want the bubbles just around the edge of the pot. 

A wisk is all I had to stir with but I find it works really well if you keep the flour fine (you can also use corn starch) 

When its a bit more runny then you would like, let it settle and cool and it will be correct thickness. 

I hope I described well. I normally just zone out and zen cook :) Enjoy! 

• JELLOMIX likes this

#13 Guest_Ambint_*

Guest_Ambint_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:34 PM

Cake Noodles (Gau Gee Mein)

Ok guys heres the recipe to my cake noodles (The best recipe you will find!). It pairs exceptionally well with Roasted duck or chicken, Choy Sum, and well all sorts of stuff.  You guys are the first people I have shared it with so enjoy! You can find all of this at your local Chinese market places. Don't think you can find the noodles at Korean, Japanese, Thai, etc markets. You can't.

Ok so here's what you will need:

Wok

Metal Spatula or tongs

small sauce pot

a fork, whisk, or chop sticks (for mixing the slurry and bouillon if used)

a spoon (to mix sauce and mix slurry into sauce)

a plate to put yummy stuff on

a knife to cut green onions and noodles

a cutting board to cut green onions on

Attached File  IMG_20140605_171141.jpg   164.29KB   0 downloads

Attached File  IMG_20140605_171732.jpg   113.36KB   0 downloads (I didn't have peanut oil at the time so it wasn't pictured)

2 Canton Noodle Factory H.K Noodles (as seen in the picture above
2C + 1Tbsp Water

2tsp Cornstarch

1/4C Oyster Sauce (Lee Kum Kee Preferably)

2/3C Chicken Stock (Chicken Bouillon can be substituted as well) 

2 tsp Sesame Seed Oil

1 tsp Diluted Red Vinegar

2Tbsp Green Onions

3 Tbsp Peanut Oil (more or less depending on you. I prefer a little more)

Step 1.) Add oil to wok and heat at medium temp for 6-8 minutes. Add water and noodles to small sauce pot. Bring to a boil for 2 minutes. Drain and add to wok carefully. Make sure the noodles are not too wet or the water on the noodles will splash the oil everywhere and may burn you. Using the tongs or spatula, make a square or rectangle with the noodles. It should be at least 1/2" high. Cook until golden on each side (ETA 5 - 7 minutes or so.) DO NOT BURN THE NOODLES!

Attached File  IMG_20140605_171404.jpg   99.61KB   0 downloads (Oiled wok heating up)

Attached File  IMG_20140605_171617.jpg   109.22KB   0 downloads (Noodles in the square)

Attached File  IMG_20140605_172304.jpg   105.94KB   0 downloads (Noodles crisped up. Note you don't want anywhere to have a dark or black spot)

Step 2.) While noodles are cooking, rinse sauce pot out and add chicken stock, diluted red vinegar, and oyster sauce together. Mix until incorporated and bring to a simmer. Let sauce reduce while noodles cook. Once you flipped your noodles, mix 1tbsp COLD WATER and 2tsp cornstarch together in a small cup. Add the cornstarch mix to the simmering sauce and stir well until its nice and silky and sticks on the spoon. It shouldn't be too thick or too runny. It should be a rich gravy consistency.  Add sesame seed oil and stir.

Attached File  IMG_20140605_172115.jpg   180.42KB   0 downloads (example of sauce w/cornstarch added)

Step 3.) After noodles are done, cut into squares and serve with sauce on top, and chopped green onions for garnish.

Ta Da! Plated and ready to enjoy. This recipe can serve between 1-2 people.
Attached File  IMG_20140612_175345.jpg   195.65KB   0 downloads

#14 bakafish

bakafish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Minecraft Name:bakafishes
  • Pure Money:$2,541.98
  • Monarch Money:$203.46

Posted 07 February 2016 - 03:49 PM

French Onion Dip

8 onions medium diced

4 tblsp. butter

2 tblsp. Grapeseed oil (olive oil or vegetable oil is ok too)

3 tblsp. Mayo

1/2 cup Sour Cream

2 cups Yogurt

1 cup  of Broth/Stock

Broth/Stock can be veggie, beef or chicken you can also use water.

Onions I use yellow but you can mix and match to change the flavors.

Mayo I use my own I make, but I've used helmsmen and blue plate in a pinch I wouldn't use Kraft or any mayo with a sugar count of 2 lol

This can be made will all sour cream is desired just drop the mayo and yogurt.

Start by chopping the onions into a medium dice. Now in a large pot add butter and oil, heat it till the butter is melted. Next add the onions and a pinch of salt. Cook till they start browning the pot. Now use a bit of the broth to loosen the brown bits at the bottom and stir. Do this till the onions are a lovely brown color and put them aside off the fire. Now in a large bowl mix mayo, sour cream and yogurt well with a whisk or spoon your choice. Now temper the sour cream, mayo, yogurt mix with a 1/4 cup of the hot onions. Mix well and keep adding the onion mix a 1/4 cup at a time. I like to let this chill over night in the fridge, but it only really needs about 2 hrs to let the flavors meld. If your going to leave it over night cover it  with some clear wrap. Serve Chilled with Chips :D

Cheesy queso dip

2 tblsp. butter

1 or 2 jalapenos minced

2 chipotle chiles canned in adobo sauce minced

1/2 onion diced or 1 shallot diced

1 clove of garlic miced

1 block 12oz of Velveeta cubed

1 tblsp. cornstarch

1 cup of milk

1 tsp. creole mustard

in a medium pot add butter, jalapenos, onions cook till transparent, then add the chipotle chilies and milk. Slow bring this up to a simmer then take a bit of the liquid in a bowl and whisk in the cornstarch, then add the cornstarch slurry back to the pot. Next add creole mustard, and a little of adobo sauce whisk it good then about half the velveeta. Once the first bit of velveeta is melted add the rest and stir till melted. Done, keep it warm in a slow cooker. if you wish it to be a bit thinner add a little milk or half and half.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users