Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo

Important - BIG Changes coming. Please Vote

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Poll: The Server Future (8 member(s) have cast votes)

What path forward do you prefer?

1. Wipe the whole server and rebuild the community from the ground up? (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Try to salvage Pure and wipe/refresh Legend (3 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

3. Archive Pure and wipe it and leave Legend alone (4 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

4. Other (1 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Batman

Batman

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 204 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Minecraft Name:murdock1262

Posted 07 November 2018 - 09:32 PM

Guys, in the upgrade, for some reason the home data for everyone was lost for legend, and I'm not sure about how much of pure is lost, but I am pretty sure we lost everything since the 1.12.2 upgrade.  

This brings us to a cross roads.  While it wasn't intended, we can use this opportunity to start anew with a clean slate for almost all of the server.  I am discussing with Cyn archiving and resetting Pure as well.  My idea would be to eventually bring back some of the fun things we enjoyed previously.  

What are everyone's thoughts moving forward?  I can salvage legend, but it wouldn't have any /home data.  I can salvage pure, but we may lose some /home data.

Please vote.  If you choose other, then please explain below.

• astronomyfish and TimeTwist like this

#2 gencrow1965

gencrow1965

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Minecraft Name:Gencrow

Posted 08 November 2018 - 12:10 AM

i think archive pure and make a new map pure reborn with the new aquatic update, reset legend MCMMO and towny doesn't work with a low player base so maybe another plugin that can protect you stuff grief prevention plugin / lockete would do that and most of us know where are houses. i just spend the last 4 months building a castle in legend with timetwist help and i think its amazing so would like at least to Finish  it .

my two cents

thanks for all your hard work upgrading 

#3 TimeTwist

TimeTwist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Locationuk
  • Minecraft Name:TimeTwist

Posted 08 November 2018 - 01:59 PM

im still a fan of precious stones for protection

• astronomyfish likes this

#4 GrodyGravy

GrodyGravy

• Sponsor
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA, USA
  • Minecraft Name:GrodyGravy

Posted 08 November 2018 - 06:25 PM

I say archive Pure and make a world download available for folks that want to have a copy locally of the things they spent a lot of effort building.

Focus energy on one world/server (Legend) since admin resources are scarce. Have minimal plug-ins on Legend for resource and grief protection so it is easier to keep updated when new MC versions are released.

#5 deth_lettuce

deth_lettuce

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA
  • Minecraft Name:deth_lettuce
  • Pure Money:$3,869.00

Posted 09 November 2018 - 02:25 PM

I said other, just because I don't care what happens to anything I built in Pure, EXCEPT it'd be nice if the river race circuit could remain available, even if most of the rest of the world can't be maintained.

I can rebuild anything else fresh, and that's fun, but I think the endless terraforming behind that hour and 15 minute extravaganza would kill me to try again.  If that resource isn't likely to be used by enough or any people in the future, I'd be happy with a world download.

Whatever becomes the primary world, I'll get into as soon as I can.  I miss everyone, and messin' with blocks, but my side hustle has been keeping me away.

Also, HI!!!

#6 astronomyfish

astronomyfish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany
  • Minecraft Name:astronomyfish

Posted 09 November 2018 - 02:49 PM

Hi folks, 

how about rename pure and bring mcmmo and other plugins (airship etc.) to pure?

best

astro

ps: whatever happens I just hope more players come back and we have nice events agains like horse races, x-mas events, city-events, boat-races etc. etc. :-)

• deth_lettuce and TimeTwist like this

Senator for tourism and public transport (The City of Nova Astoria)

#7 Kostarius

Kostarius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationGreece
  • Minecraft Name:Kostarius
  • Pure Money:$460.99
  • Monarch Money:$1,553.00

Posted 10 November 2018 - 02:18 AM

Starting pure anew would be lovely for sure. And as long as my babies are archived and not lost then i don't mind.

Legend...is just not in my interest to be honest. But i don't see why it should be wiped or anything of the sort.

And on a side note if we want to begin to hope on some new found activity, hunger games should be present and well presented too.

Well, that's that.

• deth_lettuce, astronomyfish and TimeTwist like this

#8 Coder96

Coder96

• Sponsor
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Minecraft Name:Coder96

Posted 10 November 2018 - 05:10 PM

It would suck to lose all the building that I had done.

The biggest loss I would be the resources I had saved up. I was at the point where I could just build.

• deth_lettuce likes this

#9 deth_lettuce

deth_lettuce

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA
  • Minecraft Name:deth_lettuce
  • Pure Money:$3,869.00

Posted 15 November 2018 - 04:46 PM

Yeah, it would be silly not to consider the vast artistic works of Coder's sprawling villages, and Jello's Ealdor Tor, and associated road system / race path.  Not to mention Astro's Astoria as the most inhabited city on the map, at various times.  How about Alia's Dreamland amusement park?  I was watching the development of Gotham with interest as well ;)

On the brute force side of things, Jello's roads and my River Circuit are certainly value adds on a map with plenty of tourist destinations.

Just archiving seems a bit like giving up.  Is there some other way to configure the map to keep it playable and lighten the load?  What is the actual issue with keeping it?  /home data can be rebuilt by players, and the lost work since 1.12.2 I'm sure is very small compared to what came before.

Batman, can you explain what you meant by this:

"I am discussing with Cyn archiving and resetting Pure as well.  My idea would be to eventually bring back some of the fun things we enjoyed previously."

Does that mean wipe the map, but save some structures?  To what extent, and what are the drawbacks to just leaving it as is?  I guess I don't know why there might be some urgency to wipe it.

#10 Batman

Batman

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 204 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Minecraft Name:murdock1262

Posted 15 November 2018 - 09:49 PM

1.13 is a huge change behind the scenes.  There have been issues on other servers with worlds breaking and not being able to recover.  Since so much of pure was already generated, much of the new features may not have shown up.  The last thing I wanted to do was to lose all the great things that were built by this community; therefore, I have saved a copy and created a world where people can view all the builds.  As far as lightening the load, not much can be done there as the load isn't the biggest issue.  The biggest issue we have as a community is activity.  For the most part, I only have seen maybe 4-5 people semi active over the last 3-6 months.  If Time, Coder, Astro, GenCrow, and Grody hadn't been active this time, we may not have a server.  In order to survive we have to do something to get people back.  The server was also running on many outdated plugins some of which I tried to replace during the 1.12.2 update, but even the plugins I found to replace outdated and unsupported plugins we had been using are now unsupported.  Running unsupported plugins is very risky as you run the risk of not being able to upgrade at all or losing key parts of your community.  It was during a move to a plugin suit that I found that is extremely well supported that we lost data.  As I said, the old pure world is still around and I could attempt to revive it if need be.  However, I do firmly believe that the new pure server is far more stable and setup for success well into the future than the old pure ever was.

• GrodyGravy likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users