#1 Batman

Batman

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 193 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Minecraft Name:murdock1262

Posted 07 March 2018 - 07:49 PM

Guys, what are your thoughts on switching from land claims to Towny?  Also for those that have tried Legend, what are your thoughts?  What do you like?  What do you dislike?  What would you like to see changed?

#2 TimeTwist

TimeTwist

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Locationuk
  • Minecraft Name:TimeTwist

Posted 09 March 2018 - 03:27 AM

Is there a benefit to changing to towny? Was wanting to do a long train track and can do that atm by claim, build and unclaim. idk if can do that in towny?

I know we can tp to towns in towny but i thought we was keep tps to a minimum? And there is all the money stuff in towny. Tho we do need a money system, if admin bought and sold more stuff for a good price it  could start economy.

:)

#3 Batman

Batman

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 193 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Minecraft Name:murdock1262

Posted 09 March 2018 - 08:29 AM

I'd have to check the config file, but you may not be able to do that with the claim, build, and unclaim.  I think that plugin reverts the area after you unclaim it.  With Towny you can set flags to prevent mobs from spawning and destroying stuff in your claim and it fits the overall theme of the server a bit better.  I'm also wondering if some of the issues we've seen with items despawning is not related to the GriefPrevention plugin.

#4 astronomyfish

astronomyfish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany
  • Minecraft Name:astronomyfish

Posted 11 March 2018 - 04:03 AM

Hi there, can we have the same as in pure so that we have residences and generally being free to build? So creating tracks would be easier, or? Best, astro

Senator for tourism and public transport (The City of Nova Astoria)

#5 Kostarius

Kostarius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationGreece
  • Minecraft Name:Kostarius
  • Pure Money:$460.99
  • Monarch Money:$1,553.00

Posted 11 March 2018 - 12:09 PM

Maybe have a poll about it? I would love to know if it's going to remain relatively similar, change to something like residence or turn into a claim system that requires from you a daily fee. We had that in Monarch. It fell and I did not enjoy it.

For me at least, the way Legend is going right now feels satisfying. It's exactly the next few levels I want from Pure.

• astronomyfish likes this

#6 AliaDreams

AliaDreams

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Minecraft Name:AliaDreams
  • Pure Money:$2,237.00
  • Monarch Money:$2,795.33

Posted 11 March 2018 - 02:07 PM

While I like the individualized security Towny can give you (being able to set flags, turn off mob spawning, etc) I don't think it would work for those who want to do larger projects like a train track. If I remember correctly from the original Monarch, in Towny you have to claim land that is attached to already claimed land. This will make it impossible to claim/unclaim as Time would like to do.

• TimeTwist likes this

#7 astronomyfish

astronomyfish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany
  • Minecraft Name:astronomyfish

Posted 15 March 2018 - 10:47 AM

Sorry, but the claim-system is impractical. Building tracks, bridges etc. is not easy with the claim-system and makes no fun. :-/

Let´s have the freedom like in pure to build whereever you are.

• TimeTwist likes this

Senator for tourism and public transport (The City of Nova Astoria)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users