Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo

Hunger Games Map Building Competition (On Pause)

Minecraft Competition Better In Game Competition Hunger Games Map Competition

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 JELLOMIX

JELLOMIX

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 225 posts
  • LocationColorado
  • Minecraft Name:JELLOMIX
  • Pure Money:$56,510.82
  • Monarch Money:$2,968.33

Posted 28 June 2017 - 02:17 PM

(CURRENTLY ON PAUSE. I WILL START A NEW THREAD ONCE WE GET CREATIVE RUNNING PROPERLY)

Hello, Minecrafters! 

I apologize for the hiatus from event planning, but life got the better of me.

Regardless, I'd like to announce that over the next month and a half we'll be hosting a Hunger Games map building competition! 

The rules are very simple. Work with as many people as you would like to build your map on the creative server. build as many maps as you would like to submit. 

All submissions will be due by September 1ST

After you have finished building your map on the creative server, please post on this thread:

1. The name for your map
  2. The coordinates it was built at on the creative server
  3. Who built it
  4. How many players it should be (this should be obvious based on how many starting positions you place)

Next step, over the month of August, me along with other mods and admins will move the maps to the famine server and set them up to play for a giant Hunger Games Tournament set to take place on Saturday, September 30th at 8:00 PM EST.

After we’ve played all of the new submissions maps there will be a vote on the forums to decide which one is best. That Hunger Games map will then become the featured map and take center place on the Hunger Games island on the Famine Server.

Happy building everyone, post here if you have any questions!

• Kostarius likes this

#2 AliaDreams

AliaDreams

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Minecraft Name:AliaDreams
  • Pure Money:$2,237.00
  • Monarch Money:$2,795.33

Posted 28 June 2017 - 07:22 PM

First off, welcome back Jello! We missed you and your events! (Well, I did at least <3)

Secondly, I'm very excited, and this is a great idea for a competition! So Kudos to whomever thought this one up!

And last, I have a few questions:

A. Creative works on a claim format. The more you've played, the larger your claim can be. So, for those of us who haven't played on creative very much and have very few blocks to claim, will there be plots or a way to get more claim blocks specifically for this event? (I actually have plenty of blocks, but I know that some people haven't played much on Creative and may have a very small claim area.)

B. Is there world edit or voxelsniper or any other tools available currently in creative?

C.  Is there a tutorial I don't see that tells you how to invite people to your claim or any other useful commands?

D. You stated that the most popular map will be the "featured map", but will everyone's map make it onto the famine server?

This sounds like a great event, and I know we have some amazing builders, so I hope that people join in!

Let's get our Creative On!

~Alia

#3 JELLOMIX

JELLOMIX

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 225 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 01 July 2017 - 10:14 AM

Hey Alia, good questions that I may not be able to answer properly because I suck at the claiming system on Creative.

A) I'll try to get ahold of Cyn for this one. I know we're somewhat limited as mods in what we are able to do as far as permissions are concerned on creative.

B ) World edit is on in Creative, but again I don't know what the permissions are for it. I would just assume that people building maps will be limited to their own two (digital) hands.

C) Another contingency I hadn't even started to ponder, and a relevant one considering the other day I couldn't figure out how to do this with Acis and he has admin perms.

D) I was figuring all the maps will get to stay on the server as long as they are solid maps, but only the winner will get the feature spot.

So to sum up, it sounds like I'm going to need to get ahold of Cyn at some point and see how we can work around all these building permission issues and get it so people can work on their maps freely.

We can all get brainstorming and if we need to extend the building time, we can certainly do that!

#4 SvenKoene

SvenKoene

• Moderators
  • 19 posts
  • Minecraft Name:SvenKoene

Posted 16 July 2017 - 07:37 AM

im pretty sure the owner of the plot can give others perms by doing /trust playername

not sure tho its been a while,

for me life got crazy busy and i miss playing on here :( 

hope to have time again soon since im gonna stop working and start a new study

i hope to see you all soon :P

#5 AliaDreams

AliaDreams

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Minecraft Name:AliaDreams
  • Pure Money:$2,237.00
  • Monarch Money:$2,795.33

Posted 16 July 2017 - 12:28 PM

I'm having issues building on Creative all together :( So I haven't been able to start a map. We'll have to see what's going on. Haven't heard back from Jello since I pm'd him.

~Alia

#6 JELLOMIX

JELLOMIX

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 225 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 25 July 2017 - 08:16 AM

Yeah, we're going to do an extension on all of these dates. I'll see if I can get creative working properly again. Let's assume that we're going to delay submission deadline to the end of August and then we can plan our Hunger Games event then.

I've changed the dates up top, and I'll see what I can get fixed. Sorry for the delayed response!

#7 JELLOMIX

JELLOMIX

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 225 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 14 October 2017 - 07:29 AM

Sorry for being MIA for the last couple months, life has been... chaos. I'm going to reschedule this guy for a little later after I iron out the creative server kinks with Cyn and Acis.

• astronomyfish likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Minecraft Competition, Better In Game Competition, Hunger Games Map Competition

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users