10 replies to this topic

#1 JELLOMIX

JELLOMIX

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 12:12 PM

Have you got that literary tingle? You know the one that the greats have? Now is the time to test your mettle in the first Better in Game Writing Competition.

The premise is simple. Write a short 500-1000 word excerpt pertaining to a location on any of the BIG/Banana S’mores Servers. It doesn’t matter if it’s first person, third person omniscient, or anything in-between, this is simply for fun, oh and a fabulous grand prize of course. All short stories will need to be submitted by the end of February March. After all submissions are in, they will be posted on the forums for all to be read and voted on. The winner will receive: 1 Diamond Block, 1 Emerald Block, 1 Gold Block, and 1 Iron Block on either the Monarch or Pure Server (the winner gets to decide where they want their prize) Their story will also be featured on in-game Minecraft books that will be placed at the spawn for all new players to read!

To submit your short writing, send it to me (JELLOMIX) in a private message through the forums. ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BEFORE MARCH APRIL 1ST!!!  I will then compile them together for voting at the begging of March April. 

So, whether you want to give us a peek at how your interest was piqued on the top of a peak, or simply expand upon the day to day life and marital issues of someone inside one of your Minecraft cities, the sky’s the limit. Just make sure you’re writing about a place on any of the Better in Game servers, and don’t forget to be creative!

A quasi-example I wrote back when I had just finished Ealdor Tor:

Spoiler

• astronomyfish likes this

#2 JELLOMIX

JELLOMIX

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 08:11 PM

NOTE: Competition is going to be extended a month. All submissions are now due on April 1st!

#3 Acis

Acis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 11:39 AM

I'm guessing you only got one entry right  ;)

#4 JELLOMIX

JELLOMIX

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 08:55 AM

Only one entry each; however, if you write a second short writing that you like more than your first you can send it my way and let me know which one you want to use as your final submittal.

#5 deth_lettuce

deth_lettuce

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 05:35 PM

Sent you one.  Do you need pictures too?

#6 JELLOMIX

JELLOMIX

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 04:58 PM

Just got it! I mean if you want to add a photo it can't hurt.

Keep em' coming all!

#7 JELLOMIX

JELLOMIX

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 09:17 AM

Loving 'em guys! Keep on sending more!

#8 astronomyfish

astronomyfish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 03:12 PM

I m in.

Senator for tourism and public transport (The City of Nova Astoria)

#9 JELLOMIX

JELLOMIX

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 10:10 AM

Submissions for the writing competition end today and judging will start at the beginning of next week! Thanks again to everyone who has participated!

#10 deth_lettuce

deth_lettuce

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 12:41 PM

Picture for mine is here.

#11 JELLOMIX

JELLOMIX

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:56 AM

Thanks for the submissions all! the poll for voting is here: http://betteringame....iday-april-7th/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Writing Competition, Minecraft Competition, Better In Game Competition