View Other Content
1. Clear out an area five high (four is also ok) and four wide where you want to build this unit. You also want to consider making room for several of these side by side to make a really fast group of furnaces.
2. Place both furnaces side-by-side two blocks (one if only four high) above the ground.
3. Place two chests side-by-side two blocks above the furnaces and two blocks below the furnaces. These chests should line up vertically with the furnaces.
4. Add two hoppers going from the highest double chest into the top of the furnaces.
5. Add two hoppers going from the bottom of the furnaces into the top of the lowest double chest.
6. Place a single chest one block to the left and one block to the right of the hoppers going into the top of the furnaces.
7. Place hoppers under each single chest directed into the furnace.
Using the Power Furnace
To use the Power Furnace, you will need two things. First, something to cook such as cobblestone, sand, or some form of ore. Second, is a fuel source, preferably lava buckets (see below). Fill the highest double chest with the material you want to cook. Then, fill the side single chests with lava buckets. Last, you wait. The system will keep both furnaces full of source blocks and lava buckets, while all of the completed material will flow down into the bottom double chest.
You can quickly cook a double chest of sand into a double chest of glass without doing anything once the system is setup besides waiting.
Hoppers - You control the direction that the hopper feeds by pointing in the direction you want it to point when placing it. E.g. pointing to the right of the block you want to place the hopper will point the bottom toward the right.
Lava Buckets – Lava buckets are a great resource for fuel because if you have access to the Nether, you have access to unlimited lava. If you are using some form of “home” system such as Essentials, Residence, etc., you can use this to your advantage. Travel into the Nether and walk until you encounter lava that you can touch (preferably a large pool). Once you have the edge of a lava pool, set a home at this location. Whenever you need more lava, teleport there and full up all your buckets. Free fuel!